About Drake Travels

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Also posted at Drakieness.


The word "travel" is a very fancy word for me. For the past 20 years of living and growing up here in the Philippines I never came to think about traveling. Maybe because I was born and raised thinking about it as a luxury and a waste of time and money. My parents have always reminded us that we should be more concerned towards looking for a good job with a good pay and to have our own family someday.

Before 2011 ended, I came across Couchsurfing.org, a voice within encouraged me to register and what happened next were incredible experiences. I was able to meet, host and mingle with several local and foreign travelers who have changed my perception of traveling. That to travel is everyone's right... That it doesn't need or you really do not need money at all to do it... That it is free... And that traveling means to NOT limit ourselves within the horizon we are currently in. A friend of mine from Bulgaria once quoted, "It is an awesome opportunity for us to widen our horizons, live life to the fullest, and realize some things in life that you would only ponder if you travel."


The Turning Point
Being used to always have someone watch over me in anything I do is very pathetic. The year 2012 had provided me enough courage for my first out-of-town experience. Although it was just a few miles away from my abode yet it was the first time I decided to explore and unwind all by myself. Along the way I had met several interesting people that made me more eager in exploring the world. Thus, I conceptualized to add more blogs to document my whereabouts: Philippine Explorers (friends promoting Philippine culture, tradition, and arts) and Drake Travels (my personal travel experience). I have made a promise to myself that this would be the start of a journey, uncertain, yet I know it would give me a chance to mold myself wholistically in becoming a better person. To be rewarded with unfathomable abyss of experiences to cherish forever is what makes it worth it.

You may check out the following for travel related source: (Note: work-in-progress)
http://www.drakieness.com/search/label/Destinations - travel-related post on my New Age personal blog
Philippine Explorers (my group of friends promoting Philippine culture, tradition, and arts)
Drake Travels (my personal travel experience complete with photos and travel tips)


My 2012 Travel Calendar
The following are my travel itinerary for the whole year which would be subject to modifications and regular updates. If you would like to travel with me on these dates. Feel free to contact me.
  • March
    • March 5: Moalboal, Cebu (beach bumming, nightlife and bar hopping)
    • March 6: Badian, Cebu (Kawasan falls trekking and swimming)
  •  April
    • April 1: Sunday - Dumaguete City, Negros Orienta
    • April 2: Monday - Bais City, Negros Oriental and Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental
    • April 3: Tuesday - Cauayan, Negros Occidental
    • April 4: Wednesday - Sipalay City, Negros Occidental
    • April 5: Thursday - Bayawan City, Negros Oriental
    • April 6: Friday - Apo Island, Dauin, Negros Oriental
    • April 7: Saturday - Larena, Siquijor and San Juan, Siquijor
    • April 8: Sunday - Lazi, Siquijor and Maria, Siquijor
    • April 9: Monday - Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
  • May
    • May 4: Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental
    • May 5: Talakag, Bukidnon (‘Luna Musikalawaig’ Full Moon Festival)
    • May 24-27: Kidapawan City, Cotabato (Mt. Apo trek
    • May 28: Davao City, Davao del Sur
    •  pending...more to follow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Draco Travels. All Rights Reserved 2012. About Draco Travels | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Advertise or Contact Us

Back to TOP